Thursday, November 13, 2008

USCIS

Just wanted to say its been 5 weeks since our paperwork went to immigration. The past week I have been in contact with our local Congressman. Carol from his office has contacted immigration. They told her it would be sent out in the next couple of days. Well guess what they must of lied to her also. They have been telling us they had reviewed it two weeks ago. It just needed to be approved and then it would be sent out. I have tried several times to email the officer, guess what they won't return any emails. I also found out it takes 2-4 weeks from the time immigration sends it to the NVC. So, what does this mean? For us and for all the people praying that Baby M would be home for Christmas it's not going to happen. I do want to Thank You for all your prayers and kind words.
I just want to say that when we were waiting for Sofia it was easier. The hard part was waiting the 13 months to see her. But after we got her referral we knew in 6-8 weeks we would be holding her.
With Korea you have this picture of your son or daughter and it could take 3-6 months. Tomorrow will mark our 3 month anniversary of our referral. At the rate our paperwork is going we still have another 2-3 more months of wondering when he will be home. It just very hard having a picture of Little M and not knowing when he will be home.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Mellissa,

Believe we when I say that I truly understand - USCIS caused us so many problems & its just sickening.

I will continue to pray for your family & hope that your case moves quickly once it reaches the NVC.

Kristen

Jen said...

I'm so sorry that your paperwork is going slower than some. I know that waiting is tough... but it will make you stronger too. Take care of yourself and love some extra on Sofia while you wait. Hopefully your little guy will be ready to come home soon!

Kara said...

I am so sorry that it has been so frustrating for you. I truly admire how proactive you have been through the whole process. It is so hard knowing your child is on the other side of the world when you have so much love to give him. Hang in there, and hopefully everyone's prayers will get through soon and you will have him in your arms.

Kara

Jill said...

I'm so sorry this process is taking soo long for your family! Miracles do happen and maybe..just maybe he might still be home for Christmas!! I'm thinking about you and hoping that you hear something this week!!

Jill