Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Flu, then a Cold & Paperwork

Sofia and I had the flu last week. Steve was lucky and didn't get it. He wasn't so lucky with the cold we all have. I wanted to post some of the photo's from last week before we were all sick.


Sofia on "Rocket" Sofia was not to sure of this moving horse. Grandma was able to save her.

The first Snow of the year. Sofia wanted to go outside and make a snowman. Well it didn't snow enough for that. But Daddy made one with her anyways. After Steve made the snowman Sofia ate it. And what was left the boys got. Sofia and the boys sure do enjoy playing, and eating snow.




Before heading outside Sofia wanted to see the snow. So we put her on the ledge and she just stood there licking the window. (Guess who taught Sofia how to do that?)
We did get notice that Immigration approved us on 11/06 and sent the paperwork on 11/12. While I was sick and in bed, I was thinking about how selfish I have been. I was only thinking about myself when I was so mad that little M won't be home for Christmas. I feel at peace knowing that he will be with his foster family. They love him very much and have cared for him the first 9 months of his life. We plan on having a special Christmas when he gets home.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Sorry you were all sick. I'm glad you are finding some peace with your wait. It really is difficult knowing your son is on the other side of the world, and you have to leave fate in someone else's hands. But it is some comfort knowing that he is being loved and cared for. Hopefully he will be home very soon!

Kara

Erica, Jeramy, and Micah said...

Mellissa, I'm so glad you guys are feeling better! Micah's still getting over his cold-it's taking forever!

So excited your paperwork is finally out of Chicago! It's moving! Onto NVC! Now you can call and bug them! One step closer to little M being home! Take care!