Saturday, August 22, 2009

Pennies from Heaven

Today, was grandpa's memorial service. I never had heard about Pennies from Heaven until today. The owner of the funeral home told us the story about Pennies from Heaven. When I got home I had to read the story. I plan on making a special jar to place all the pennies we find.
I also wanted to Thank everyone who came today. Along with the many cards we have received. It's nice to have the support of family and friends. Our family will never be the same, but knowing that grandpa is in Heaven with God helps. We love you Ed.

Pennies From Heaven
I found a penny today,
just laying on the ground.
But it is not just a penny,
this little coin I found.
Found pennies come from heaven,
that's what my Grandpa told me.
He said Angels toss then down,
oh how I loved that story.
He said when an Angel misses you,
they toss a penny down.
Sometimes just to cheer you up,
make a smile out of your frown.
So don't pass by that penny
when you're feeling blue.
It may be a penny from heaven,
that an Angel's tossed to you.

1 comment:

grandmarockton said...

hear you found your FIRST penny, Mellissa?