Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hospice

I wanted to share our families story. Fifteen days ago Hospice came into my mom and Ed's home. (Grandma and Grandpa) They have been SO GREAT. I don't think words can describe how wonderful everyone has been. For anyone who is going through a terminal illness please let hospice help. They help the whole family with everything. I hope that no one will ever need hospice, but if they do know that they are out there to help. I feel that they have given us so much, that I hope someday I will be able to pay them back. Maybe with volunteer work. The people that I have meet have had a family member in hospice. That is why they started working and volunteering. I know our family will never be the same. With our faith in God and the support of friends and family we will get through this as tough as it may be.

6 comments:

Jen said...

I'm sorry that you are facing hard days.

Celeste and Tom said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time and glad you have some support with hospice during this difficult time.

grandmarockton said...

THANKS for SHARING We will meet again!

Unknown said...

Hi, I am a blog friend of you Mom. I was sorry to hear the news she just posted. My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.

Pop-Pop * Nana said...

Hospice is an absolute wonderful organization..they helped us so much. Mellissa this is going to be such a hard time for you and your family, please know you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Love you!

Jennifer and Kevin McFatridge said...

We are thinking of you, Mellissa, Steve, Sofia, Drew, Grandma Rockton and Ed...Hospice nurses are truly angels here on earth.