Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ambulance Ride........

I notice I haven't updated the blog since last week. Well there is a reason. On Thursday we went playgroup. After playgroup Drew started coughing. Steve had just went over Croup in his first responder class on wednesday that he has for work. We both thought that is what he had. So on Friday I called the doctor. They didn't have any opening. But scheduled us for Saturday morning. And told us if he got worse to take him to the convenient care clinic. When Drew got up from his nap he really sounded bad. So I took him into the bathroom and started the hot shower. The steam didn't seem to work so we decided to take him to the doctors. We got there when it opened at 5 and had to wait until 6 to be seen. When the nurse asked us to undress Drew, his breathing got worse because he was crying. The nurse ran out of the room to get the doctor. The doctor came in and had the nurse 911. Drew and I got a ride in the ambulance to the hospital. Drew received 5 breathing treatments along with steroids and epinephrin. The doctor decided to keep him overnight. Which was good because at 1:30 a.m. his oxygen level was down so they gave him more medicine. It was a long night and when we got home Drew and I slept most of the day. Drew is doing better. Mom you are soooooo right about BOYS........
Of course there are no photo's of Drew in jail... The cribs have steel bars on them, so it looked like jail. I was shocked... A child on Steroids does not lay still....

4 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, what an ordeal! I'm glad that you got through it. It's quite scarry when things like that are happening.

I hope that Drew is 100% better very soon!

Jill said...

Hopefully things are getting better... My Sophia has asthma and we have had a few scary situations.....

Hope Drew feels better soon......

Kara said...

How scary! I hope he is feeling better. I'll keep you all in my prayers!

sue said...

i'm so glad to hear the little guy is feeling better. so scary!