Monday, November 19, 2007

Unsolved Mystery & Mystery Solved & Explanation Needed!!!

On Sunday, daddy gave Sofia lunch and then put her down for a nap. (nothing unusual about that) When she woke up he changed her and she was still a little sleepy so she sat on my lap for awhile. I had giving her her juice and some snacks. So she needed to be changed again. When I changed her I noticed a rash with white spots. I said what the heck is this. Daddy said he saw it when he changed her but thought it was heat rash. I took out my parent book and looked up rashes. To me it looked like hives. So the first thing I did was try my mom. She was on the Internet. So I emailed her a photo of the rash. We then called the doctor on call. As I waited for the doctor we were thinking what could she have gotten into.


Daddy had given Sofia cod for lunch. She has eating fish before. So we weren't sure why she would be allergic to fish. When the doctor called I told him about the rash . He said it sounded like hives. He asked if she had anything different to eat. I explain to him about the Cod. I guess Cod is one fish that most people are allergic too. Mystery Solved. We are not to give her any fish until her doctor can do a allergy test on her.


Explanation needed!! The doctor couldn't explain, why she would be allergic to fish when she was on a fish base cereal in China. If we could read Chinese we would be able to tell what kind of fish was in her cereal, since we kept the box. Sofia is doing great. It has not affected her in any way. She is playing and eating. The Doctor did say it could last a day or two. We are very lucky it didn't affect her breathing.

No comments: